Monday, November 14, 2011

Unit 6.!

1. As usual I'm going to let you know what I think this unit will be about and how familiar I am with Gothisiscm.! I don't know much but i know they wear a lot of dark colors and mostly stay to themselves. Sometimes a lot of dark makeup over their faces and maybe a couple chains here and their. I never was nor will be the type to associate with the Gothic people. Because i feel like they worship the devil and me, personally believes in God. Not saying that they do worship the devil i just think that. Need i remind you i don't know much about Gallicism these are just my opinions.!
2. I feel that i am a Transcendentalist because original sin doesn't matter to me at all.! I feel that not ALL thoughts come straight from God but many do.! I know I'm not a Gothic because I feel that they worship the devil with their dark clothes and mysterious beliefs.! I know the things i hear in my head can be somethings good and sometimes bad.! I think it isn't all God speaking to you, because i feel if God can get in you head the devil can also.! But me personally believes in GOD.!!! yeaaaa
3.
4.   I have chose to read The Black Cat.! I chose this story because i figured it would be interesting, and it was.! I'm really not a Gothic fan but i respect where they're coming from and what they believe.! I liked this story because it caught my attention that another cat took Pluto's spot but it was his intuition and his guilt haunting him because he killed the other cat.! So i felt this story was better than most stories.!
    "Beneath the pressure of torments such as these, the feeble remnant of the good within me succumbed. Evil thoughts became my sole intimates -- the darkest and most evil of thoughts. The moodiness of my usual temper increased to hatred of all things and of all mankind; while, from the sudden, frequent, and ungovernable outbursts of a fury to which I now blindly abandoned myself, my uncomplaining wife, alas! was the most usual and the most patient of sufferers." In this quote he is showing that his eveil thoughts are taking over the good part of his brain.! And the transcendentalist belived that God was and is always speaking through you brain and telling you to do all these nice things.! But this is showing what the Gothics believe.!!! "WOOT" "WOOT"
5."But the Raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore--"
   This stuck out the most to me because he pulls up a chair and looks at the bird like, "what are you doing in here.?"
6. "But the Raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore--" This is an example of end ryhme because it rhymes and the end of two sentences.!
"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary," This is an example of internal rhyme because the word in the middle rhymes with the word at the end of the sentence.!
"Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;" This is an example of alliteration because its repeating the D sound.!
7. The unit we have just completed was Gothicism.! I learned that what the trancedentalist believe is not always true because there are other people who have evil thoughts in there head like the characters i have read about during this unit.! The trancedentalist thought that it was always that voice in your head thats telling you to do the right thing.! Like God talking to you.!

No comments:

Post a Comment